Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Julia's sleeping (or not)

Last night Julia was squirming and punching and kicking in the middle of the night. I thought she wanted to eat so I offered her a nipple which was refused. I turned on a little night light and she gave me a big grin. She was ready to play. Needless to say I turned the light off and tried to get back to sleep which is hard to do if someone is practicing karate on your belly. Today she seems sort of tired and cranky... Or is that me?

Naomi's swim class is going well although we have been lax about practicing at Steve's pool with her. She does have new swim goggles because Adam got her some at Costco. She resists going to the swim class and I promised her that we would go to McDonalds afterwards. Once she is there it is hard to get her to wait to get into the water till the actual start of class though.

I offered to go to McDonalds not so much as a bribe but rather as a "I am too lazy to make lunch" moment. We get back so late from the swim class that it is always hard to get the lunch made before Naomi disintegrates with hunger so I think this may become a regular thing. McDonalds (or Old Macdonald's house as Naomi calls it) offers apple slices in their happy meals now but of course I had already told her she would be having fries. Oh well, maybe next week...

No comments: