Sunday, January 23, 2005

I took Naomi to the Allergist Friday. What amazed me most about the entire visit was that they told Naomi she cold watch a video. Without hesitation she said "I want to watch Rudolph (the red nosed reindeer)" I started to say that well., they might not have that particular video... But she had seen a little picture of Rudolph on the spine of a VCR tape on a shelf full of tapes. I was impressed with her ability to spot that.
Both the doctor and the nurse said that she was very articulate for her age. She also braved the scratch test which was a big deal I think. She is allergic to dust and egg whites. Her allergy to milk and oats seems to have cleared up though, and she is likely to outgrow the egg white allergy if we are careful by not giving her too many egg whites. I guess her wheezing was not fro the inadvertent dairy consumption, but from exceptionally dusty houses J. The dust allergy is going to require that we encase the mattresses and pillow cases and worst of all, vacuum under the beds regularly. All stuffed animals have been banished from the bedroom too so they are in a big plastic bad in the closet. Naomi has quite a collection of stuffed animals I might add. So in case anyone is thinking of giving her any stuffed animals, please reconsider since they will just be added to the rest of the collection that is in the closet.

No comments: