Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Where have I been? Adam had surgery on his knee and is pretty well recovered right now. In the meantime my mom and Carol have been here to help me while I was driving Adam everywhere and while he was unable to help out with Naomi and Julia. That is where I have been.
Naomi is practicing conjunctions. She likes to use sentences with "and" and "but". It is actually pretty funny although it sometimes rubs me the wrong way. I have to keep reminding myself that she doesn't mean to contradict me and that she is just practicing language.
Julia still only rolls one way but she is getting used to having to be on her stomach.
I have been doing a lot of gardening. Here it is the season for planting and so plant I did. Naomi likes to help me though she can be quite rough on plants and it is not the quiet and serene activity that it would be if I were doing it alone. Tonight she was dragging the shovel around as well as the hoe and turning up soil. Luckily in a place where there are no plants. We also planted snow peas which I hope will encourage Naomi to eat some vegetables.

No comments: