Saturday, September 04, 2004

Julia is 3 months old and I am feeling wistful for the tiny baby days already. For one thing, I can't nurse her to sleep in front of the TV anymore and then expect to put her to bed. Then again, I am not sad that she seems to be able to entertain herself for a few minutes now. She is trying to reach out for toys and things, and her hands remain the most fascinating objects around. I showed her her feet but she didn't seem impressed. Like, whatever, they don't do anything! Does she even realize that they are connected to her body. If I hold her up she is a pretty steady sitter too and she digs the vibrating rocking chair while I fix dinner.
Now I can get her on my back in the Moby wrap and she seems to tolerate that pretty well (See picture!). Not for too long though, she starts to squirm eventually. It feels pretty secure to have her up there on my back.
Naomi has been having a hard time getting motivated. She doesn't want to do anything lately. She doesn't want to go to the park, but once we're there she doesn't want to leave. She doesn't want to get in the bath, but once in she doesn't want to get out. She is also very interested in routines and lists the routines we have. For instance at the dinner table she will say, "after dinner we can do this, and then we take a bath and then we brush our teeth, etc"
Last week we went to a fabulous park that had a ton of play structures and a "water mountain". Naomi found a friend right away and shared her orange bear with her. It was really sweet. I think having sharing day at the daycare really helps with being able to share.

No comments: